The return of the China Glaze On Safari nail art series with vine nail art!

Hey lovers! I'm back up in that nail art game and back on my China Glaze On Safari obsession! I painted these vines on my nails last night and even though they took WAY LONGER than I thought they would I love how they came out.

China Glaze On Safari nail art - vines with Kalahari Kiss, Purr-fect Plum, Prey Tell, Exotic Encounters

When I sat down to paint my nails I had a completely different design in mind and had already picked colors for it and everything, but then I realized that it was already pretty late and I was sleepy (story of my life) and so I hunted around for something simpler and less time-consuming to do. I found this image on Shutterstock and decided that the design in the bottom left corner would be perfect.

China Glaze On Safari nail art - vines with Kalahari Kiss, Purr-fect Plum, Prey Tell, Exotic Encounters

Of course as soon as I found the design I was like HEY YOU KNOW WHAT COLORS WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THIS??!??!!? ON SAFARI COLORS!!!!! and I got really stoked about that. The base color is China Glaze Prey Tell, which is basically the only color I want to use when my nails are really short (I had to chop them all off again a couple days ago because I broke a couple). I love dark colors on short nails SO MUCH.

China Glaze On Safari nail art - vines with Kalahari Kiss, Purr-fect Plum, Prey Tell, Exotic Encounters

The green is China Glaze Exotic Encounters and the khaki is China Glaze Kalahari Kiss. For the plum color I mixed China Glaze Purr-fect Plum with a little bit of Kalahari Kiss to lighten it up because it wasn't showing up well enough against the base color on its own. I love the color that resulted from mixing those two. I also like that the color scheme sort of looks like a jewel-toned Rasta color scheme, too. Total accident!

China Glaze On Safari nail art - vines with Kalahari Kiss, Purr-fect Plum, Prey Tell, Exotic Encounters

To do these nails I just freehanded all the vines and leaves with my mid-length striper brush, AS USUAL. I did the yellow vines first, then the green vines, and finally the plum vines. I painted a curved stripe for the vine and then did the leaves one at a time by forming the shapes and filling them in. If I had to do them over again I think I would try to make the leaves a little smaller, but it was pretty time-consuming just to do them this small and also neatly so I'm not mad about it or anything.

China Glaze On Safari nail art - vines with Kalahari Kiss, Purr-fect Plum, Prey Tell, Exotic Encounters
My right hand got the traditional glitter gradient treatment that it frequently gets when my left hand takes more time than I anticipate. The gradient is done with China Glaze I Herd That, and I just dabbled it on with the polish brush because I couldn't be bothered with using a sponge. I honestly like these almost as much as I like the vines. They are SO SPARKLY and SO SHINY in the sun that I almost threw up when I first stepped outside this morning. The colors are just perfect together to me for a gradient, too.
China Glaze On Safari nail art - glitter gradient with Prey Tell and I Herd That

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo